You had the appointment on your calendar for weeks then it falls through.
One of you cancels last minute. Or you just didn’t make an effort to follow up.
Call it a problem. Call it a habit. One of you is a flake.
This summer STOKED Los Angeles created a motto called, “Responsibly Committed“ – the perfect cure for flakes.
Our community of Responsibly Committed youth and volunteers are happy, feel more connected, and even catch lots more waves since taking the pledge.
Here are the some pointers to being Responsibly Committed:
- Assessment: Honestly prioritize your commitments; make a list and mull it over so you’re not torn when invited to something you don’t really want to go to.
- Availability: Look ahead at your calendar and be honest with yourself. Are you going to follow through? If not, don’t commit in the first place.
- Accountability: Verbalize immediately if you will not be able to honor your commitment. Show those around you respect by letting them know.
Put it into practice today.
Don’t wait til the last minute. Buying now, gets you 2 raffle tickets.
If you can’t attend, donate at least $20 as it equals 1 day of surf lessons for a STOKED youth.
Here’s what you do:
- NY — Use this link: http://bit.ly/stokedbeachparty
- LA — Use this link: http://bit.ly/
- Neither? Click one of the links above to donate
If you keep looking for the better option, you won’t see the power of what you’ve already got. BOOM!